Friday 15 September 2017

More mono printing!


Mono printing is one of my favourite things ever! I love the messiness and unpredictability of it :-) And I am lucky enough to be a contributing artist for Gel Press yay!

Every month I create a how-to video for the Gel Press 'Print to Project' which is released in two parts. The first part of the video always shows how to use the gel pates and how to create the backgrounds, and the second part of the video shows how to take those prints and complete them.

In my latest video I created these backgrounds here, using multiple layers, and lots of stencils. 



And here's the video! 


Part two of the video will be available to view on Saturday, so if you don't want to miss part 2 follow Gel Press on You tube here, or on Facebook here (the videos are always available to view on the Facebook page).

So what can you expect in part 2? Some colourful feathery goodness! I LOVED making feathers for my last journal page and I had a lot of questions and comments about how I did it. I didn't use a die, or a template. Oh no, I'm a freehand cutter! All the details and steps will be in part 2 so do take a peek :-) 








4 comments:

  1. Fab tutorial Kate, love those heavy body acrylics too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do you enjoy mono-printing but you are SUPER at it too Kate!!! What a fab video - thank you for so much awesome inspiration. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this! Feathers...delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!